Why setup a SMSF account with Swyftx?
With an SMSF, you can choose to invest in a broad range of asset classes, including shares, residential or commercial property, cash, term deposits and Cryptocurrency is no different.
By creating a SMSF account with Swyftx, you will be able to maximise your profits by taking advantage of our low fees, tight spreads and accurate prices. Couple this with our superior customer service, there's never been a better time to invest using your SMSF with Swyftx.
How to Setup your SMSF account
In order to register a Swyftx account in your Trust's name, you will need do the following:
- Provide us with the Trust Deed Summary page(s); and
- Ensure that all major Beneficiaries (Who hold a 25% or greater stake in the company) hold verified Swyftx Accounts.
Additionally, if your Trust has a corporate trustee (aka is linked to your registered Pty Ltd Company), we will also need:
- A current company information extract ( which is $9 from ASIC); and
- All major directors (Who hold a 25% or greater stake in the company) to hold verified Swyftx Accounts.
Please note that each beneficiary of the trust will have to create an account with Swyftx and complete the ID verification, regardless of whether the beneficiaries will use this account for personal investment purposes or not. However they will not need to complete any enhanced verification measures and they can disregard the account after the SMSF is setup.
Which account will be used as the SMSF account?
This is entirely up to you as we can:
- Upgrade your current account to a SMSF account (provided it's been funded using SMSF funds); or
- Upgrade an entirely new and separate account to the SMSF account that you create; or
- Upgrade a Trustee's or major beneficiaries' account to a SMSF account if they don't wish to trade personally.
Where to provide the information
All of this information can be provided by contacting one of our customer support officers in the live chat function and attaching them in the chat using the paperclip icon.
Additionally, this information can be emailed to [email protected] along with the details the account was signed up under, such as the name and email.
Once you've set up this new account, please don't complete the ID verification process. Please contact us before this so we can manually verify the account for you. We do not permit 2 accounts to be opened under the same ID.
If you have any further questions, or would like a hand navigating the SMSF account setup, please don't hesitate to get in touch via live-chat.